Hello again, and welcome to Nanette’s News, for the weekly stories that make you go hmm…
- NASA has found that astronauts get less sleep in space. According to Science Daily, research showed that astronauts’ time “in non-REM and REM sleep decreased by 14.1% and 25.8% respectively.”
- Elon Musk has revealed the Neuralink brain chip implant. In pigs. The chip, according to a demonstration on August 28, 2020, will be able to enhance humans and treat neurological disorders.
- An asteroid will fly near Earth just before the 2020 election. It has only a 0.41% chance of entering our atmosphere, but given how things have been going for everyone this year, more than a few people are still worried about those odds.
- A herd of sheep was videoed standing motionless for hours before finally moving on in Troutbeck, UK. The behavior likely followed heavy rain and low temperatures, as this is something sheep are known to do.
- A woman, presumed dead, was later found alive in a body bag. The incident happened in Detroit, where the woman was found at her home unresponsive and later pronounced deceased. However, only an hour later, and just before getting embalmed, she opened her eyes.
That’s all for this week. The Otherworld Report is still finding its sea legs, so updates will be sporadic until things get settled down.
Also, fun fact: On September 2, 2020, we’ll see the Full Corn Moon. And next month, a full moon will fall on October 31. A Blue Moon.
See you next week.